We love sharing great tips on how you can best manage your finances. We have teamed up with a number of partners and financial service providers to connect you with the right solutions.
We had a great chat with Rebecca Mitchell from Awesome Lending Solutions, a financial service provider on our panel. Following she shares a bit about her story and some cool tips for you.
1. Tell us a little about yourself
I’ve been a broker for nearly 10 years but some people would call me somewhat of a veteran, as I have been in the industry for over 20 years. I work in a small brokerage called Awesome Lending Solutions which I started with my business partner and best friend Albert Waldron in 2014. We have one other broker and support staff. I thrive on finding the most appropriate solution for clients and even if I can’t help them straight away, I keep going till a solution can be found. I split my time between being a broker and looking after my Autistic brother, so life is never dull.
Rebecca’s Specialties: Credit policies, Accounting, Asset Protection, Financial Planning, SMSF, Trusts, Home Loans, Commercial, Business Finance
2. How long have you been in the industry?
I have been in the industry longer than I would like to mention, I first ente
red the finance industry at 18 and I have just recently turned 42, so 24 years argh… Of those 24 years I have covered all aspects of the finance world starting in settlements, moving to credit, BDM roles and finally brokering in 2008.
3. What are your top 3 pieces of advice?
- Start small for your first purchase – you can always renovate or upgrade in the future – I wish I had done this with my first purchase
- If you are in a position stay at home with your folks for as long as possible and build your portfolio with investment properties.
- Save, save, save and save some more don’t go the instant satisfaction of buying something on a credit card – you won’t appreciate it as much as when you have saved for it.
4. What has been one of your career highlights?
Being nominated as Best Newcomer and Best Finance Broker in the Inaugural Better Business Awards
5. Why have you become part of the Lodex platform?
To have some diversification in where we get our leads and business from and inject some new clientele into the business. Whilst working the existing database and having repeat referrals are awesome, it is always good to have some newbies and fresh faces to help.
We’re always looking for amazing financial service providers who will give excellent service to the members of our platform. Want to see more? Check our panel here.
If you want to get connected with Rebecca and other providers like here, join our platform – cost and obligation free. 😉