- INFORMATION THAT WE COLLECTWe will only collect information about you when you provide it to us, and we only collect information to provide better services to all of our users and customers.We collect information in three ways:
- Information you give to us directly. This includes: Information about you. This might include your name, email address, first name, surname and address, and may also include photographs that you provide to us, your username or any other information required to list and register you or your business on Lodex;
- Information about your finances and financial transactions. If you use our Services for financial transactions, we collect information about the transaction. This includes your payment information, such as your bank account details, credit or debit card number and other card information, and other account and authentication information, as well as billing, shipping and contact details.
- Information we collect through your use of our services. This includes:
- information collected by our server, including the internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, operating system and platform, the average time you spend on Lodex, pages visited, information searched for, average access time, and websites you have visited previously, as well as other relevant statistics;
- cookies and other anonymous identifiers, which we send to your computer’s browser for record-keeping purposes.
- information from or about the computers, phones, or other devices where you install or access our services. We may associate the information we collect from your different devices, which helps us provide consistent services across your devices. This might include:
- Attributes such as the operating system, hardware version, device settings, file and software names and types, battery and signal strength, and device identifiers.
- Device locations, including specific geographic locations, such as through GPS, Bluetooth, or WiFi signals.
- Connection information such as the name of your mobile operator or ISP, browser type, language and time zone, mobile phone number and IP address.
- Information from third parties. We receive information about you and your activities from third-parties and information provided to us by other product or services providers, including (but not limited to):
- credit reporting information about you from a credit reporting body. This is in the capacity of an access seeker, and only on your instruction;
- information required to confirm your identity, including your name, email address, and photographs from external authentication and social media services providers, and only on your instruction.
- HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATIONWe may use, or disclose to third parties, the information you give to us directly and the information we receive from third parties in order to:
- deliver products or services to you, or to others, to collect payments, make payments and to manage your account, as well as provide you with information about our products and services, and to notify you of changes to our products and services;
- provide, maintain, protect and improve our services for your benefit, or for the benefit of others, to develop new services, and to protect our services and our customers. We may also use this information to offer you, or others, tailored services, products, projects or seasonal promotions;
- keep a record of your communications with us to help solve any issues or disputes that might arise;
- help verify accounts and activity, and to promote safety and security on and off of our services, such as by investigating suspicious activity or violations of our terms or policies;
- comply with the law, legal process, litigation, and/or requests from public and governmental authorities within or outside your country of residence. We may also disclose information about you if we determine that for purposes of national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance, disclosure is necessary or appropriate.
- to send you service, support and administrative messages, reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and information requested by you;
- to monitor your credit report, and to seek deals on credit and financial products from financial services providers on your behalf;
We may use the information we collect through your use of our services to:
- measure the use of Lodex and to administer and improve Lodex. We interpret this statistical data in our continuing effort to improve Lodex and your user experience.
- gather information on which web pages are visited and how often, to make Lodex more user friendly, and to give you a better experience when you return to Lodex.
- We may combine the information you give to us directly with the information we collect through your use of our service.
- We may from time to time supply the owners or operators of third party websites from which it is possible to link to Lodex with information relating to the users accessing Lodex from such third party websites.
- We may directly market our members to inform them about our, or our partners’ services that we think our members may be interested in. We allow members to unsubscribe from all direct marketing, and also to change their marketing preferences in their profile. Please contact us on our details at the end of this Policy if you wish to unsubscribe from direct marketing.
- In delivering our products or collecting and using your personal information, we may be required to disclose some of your personal information to third party organisations, including external service providers; our legal, accounting, financial or other professional advisors; and regulatory or government authorities as required by law.
- SECURITYWe use a number of security measures to protect the information you provide to us. We protect your personal information by:
- restricting internal and external access to your personal information; and
- maintaining our technology systems to prevent unauthorised computer access; and
- ensuring that third parties that require access to your information, including organisations outside Australia, take such steps as are reasonable to ensure that they do not breach our privacy obligations; and
- securely destroying your personal information when your personal information is no longer needed.
- When making payments using our services, or receiving payments using our services, your financial details are passed through a secure server using industry standard encryption technology.
- We use industry standard encryption technology to transmit and encrypt all financial and payment information in our possession.
- ACCURACY AND RETENTIONYou are entitled to request access to and correction of all personal data you provide us in a standard machine readable format, or to delete your personal information from our records at any time by contacting us at [email protected]’ll otherwise retain your personal information for as long as we have a relationship with you. Thereafter, we’ll make sure it’s deleted or anonymised.
- CONTACTING USYou have the right to access personal information held by us about you, subject to the restrictions provided by law. We endeavour to keep information about you as accurate as possible. If you are concerned about our use of your personal information or if you would like to review or change the information you have supplied to us, please email [email protected]
- CROSS-BORDER DATA FLOWAs is the case throughout the Australian financial services industry (and other major industries), technology allows for services to be provided by different service providers including some that are located overseas. We use overseas service providers for some of our activities and services provided to you including assisting you to build your unique personal profile as a member of Lodex, for filtering, hosting, or storage and reporting and analytical and development purposes. This may require us to disclose personal information to those service providers. We may also disclose such information to other overseas recipients for the purposes listed in this Policy, but only when the disclosure is permitted under the Privacy Act.When we share data, it may be transferred to, and processed in, countries other than the country in which you live.If you live in the European Economic Area (EEA), this means that your data may be transferred outside of the EEA. Where your personal data is transferred outside the EEA, it will only be transferred to countries that have been identified as providing adequate protection for EEA data or to a third party where we have approved transfer mechanisms in place to protect your personal data – i.e., by entering into the European Commission’s Standard Contractual Clauses, or by ensuring the entity is Privacy Shield certified.
Your IP address is the identifier for your computer when you are using the internet. It may be necessary for us to collect your IP address for your interaction with various parts of our website.
- INFORMATION FROM THIRD PARTIESAs we try to connect you with service providers, our website contains links to the websites of third party providers of goods and services (Third Party websites). We are not responsible for the content on Third Party websites. If you have accessed Third Party websites through our website and if those third parties collect information about you, we may also collect or have access to that information as part of our arrangements with those third parties.
- HOW TO COMPLAIN IF YOU FEEL THAT WE HAVE BREACHED OUR PRIVACY OBLIGATIONS, AND HOW WE WILL RESPONDIf you would like to complain about how we have managed our privacy our obligations, or handled your personal information, please contact our Privacy Officer at:
Email: [email protected]
Alternatively, you may wish to write to our Privacy Officer at the following address:Privacy Officer
135 King Street
Sydney NSW 2000We will acknowledge any complaint within seven days, and provide you with a decision about your complaint within 30 days. If you are dissatisfied with our response, you may make a complaint to the Privacy Commissioner via the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner website (www.oaic.gov.au) or on 1300 363 992. You may also make a complaint to our External Dispute Resolution scheme (EDR), which is the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS). FOS can be contacted on 1800 367 287, emailed to [email protected] and its website is www.fos.org.au
- DISCLOSURE CONSENTBy providing your email, you consent to this Disclosure Consent.